Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to stretch your wardrobe into pregnancy.

While we are in the business of selling clothes to pregnant women, I also know all too well how hard it is to give up your carefully curated wardrobe when you face expansion.   

So how do you stretch your wardrobe when you're pregnant?  

For my first pregnancy I thought a hair elastic would do the trick and extend the life of my jeans. I was wrong. Not only did it not hold my un-bottoned waistband together, the strands of hair still cascading from aforementioned elastic was rather unsightly.

Then I discovered the Bella Band - my very first maternity purchase and it was a revelation! I could comfortably wear my old jeans, pants and skirts with its help. If you're not familiar with a Bella Band, its a wonderful and simple stretchy tube that you step into and wear over your waistband. Its snug fit holds everything up.  I've started to use mine again recently as a boob tube, and used it while nursing to cover my stomach.  Who knows what use I'll discover next.

The other wonderful option is the Muffin Top Stopper.  Perfectly named, this super handy waist band expander adds at least a size to your pants or skirts. Hand made in New York from re-cycled denim, the muffin stop stopper has a button hole and button, just like your jeans. Insert your jeans button in the MTS hole and the MTS button into your jeans button hole - easy!  Cover with a belt or a long shirt and no one will be the wiser. Along with dental floss for stray spinach, a mini first-aid kit for my accident prone children, I'm considering adding a Muffin Top Stopper to my bag for when I eat just a little bit too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment